Hot cocoa is the perfect warming winter drink for the whole family. Cosy up in front of the fire on Christmas Eve and leave one for Santa, or enjoy a socially-distanced cocktail this New Year with friends. Need ideas? We’ve compiled our three favorite recipes: bombs, stirrers & spiked, to warm your heart (and hands) this holiday season.
Hot Chocolate Bombs
TIP: Apply two layers of chocolate to make balls firmer and easier for little hands to remove them from the mold.
Hot Chocolate Stirrers
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and heat in the microwave in 30 second bursts until runny, stirring after each blast. Or melt it in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate into the pots. Place a bamboo spoon in the middle of each and sprinkle your chosen decorations around it.
- Put them in the fridge to set.
- When completely solid, carefully remove the chocolates from the mold. Tie each with ribbon or string for decoration.
- Then, when you’re ready to enjoy, simply stir into hot milk.
TIP: You can use any chocolate you like, white, semi-sweet or bitter, to suit the tastes of your recipient.
Spiked Iced Cocoa
TIP: Iced hot chocolate is a delicious discovery and can be enjoyed without alcohol by children of all ages. Just shake with ice and serve.
If you try one of these delicious recipes, be sure to tell us what you think in the comments or tag us on Instagram @tablecraft_fs. Cheers!