Hot cocoa is the perfect warming winter drink for the whole family. Cosy up in front of the fire on Christmas Eve and leave one for Santa, or enjoy a socially-distanced cocktail this New Year with friends. Need ideas? We’ve compiled our three favorite recipes: bombs, stirrers & spiked, to warm your heart (and hands) this holiday season.
Hot Chocolate Bombs
TIP: Apply two layers of chocolate to make balls firmer and easier for little hands to remove them from the mold.
Hot Chocolate Stirrers
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and heat in the microwave in 30 second bursts until runny, stirring after each blast. Or melt it in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate into the pots. Place a bamboo spoon in the middle of each and sprinkle your chosen decorations around it.
- Put them in the fridge to set.
- When completely solid, carefully remove the chocolates from the mold. Tie each with ribbon or string for decoration.
- Then, when you’re ready to enjoy, simply stir into hot milk.
TIP: You can use any chocolate you like, white, semi-sweet or bitter, to suit the tastes of your recipient.
Spiked Iced Cocoa
TIP: Iced hot chocolate is a delicious discovery and can be enjoyed without alcohol by children of all ages. Just shake with ice and serve.