Master our fool-proof crepe recipe to ensures perfect pancakes every time – fancy flipping skills are optional.
- 110g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- Lemon slices to serve (optional)
- Icing sugar to serve (optional)
- Lemon curd to serve (optional)
- Place all ingredients and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or get started straight away.
- Set a frying pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Serve with lemon sliced and icing sugar, or your favourite filling — ours is lemon curd but strawberries, Nutella, chocolate sauce works too. Or go savory with a ham and cheese filling.
- Once cold, you can layer the pancakes between baking parchment, then wrap in cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.