Baking your own donuts may seem like a daunting task, a treat reserved for specialty bakeries, but with just a few standard pantry ingredients and a quality donut pan (we recommend this one), you can supply your own delicious donut fix in the comfort of your own home. Coffee dunking suggested.
- 1 cup all-purpose four
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbl unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tbl cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 tablespoons milk
- Optional: sprinkles
- Sheet Pan (913A)
- Wooden Spoon (W12)
- 4-Pc Measuring Cup Set (H725)
- 5-Pc Measuring Spoon Set (H722A)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir together until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the donuts onto a wire rack until cool enough.
To Make the Glaze:
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk, whisk to combine.
- If the glaze is too thick, add additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time until the desired
consistency is reached.
- Dip donuts in the glaze, return to the wire rack, and immediately top with sprinkles.
- Allow glaze to set at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.