Baking, together with family or as a solo venture, is a perfect distraction from the outside world and the daily news. If you’re looking at a pantry stocked with leftover candies and chocolate goodies, this recipe is an excellent way to use what you have for a delicious treat.
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole oats
- 1/2 cup of each mix-in
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Then stir in oats. Add your desired mix-ins next (chocolate chips, butterscotch drops, pretzels, nuts, coconut, mini-M&Ms…) and stir until combined.
- Scoop onto baking sheet. Makes about 24 cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on your oven.