- 1 2∕3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 2∕3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2∕3 cup Cherry Coke®
- 1 stick Butter, melted
For the Frosting:
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- ¾ cup Confectioners Sugar, sifted
- ½ cup Crème Fraîche or Yogurt
- 1-2 drops Red Food Coloring
- ¼ cup Water, boiling
- 12 fresh Red Cherries, to decorate
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the eggs and Cherry Coke®, and beat together using an electric mixer. Add the melted butter and beat until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into 12 paper liners set in a muffin pan or tin and bake in a preheated oven, at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, until they are risen and firm. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat together the butter, confectioners’ sugar, and crème fraîche or yogurt until well blended.
- Beat in a drop or two of food coloring until a pale pink, then add boiling water, a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together in a light, glossy frosting.
- Spoon the frosting onto the cupcakes, shaping into a peak with the back of the spoon, or put into a pastry/piping bag and pipe it over the cupcakes.
- Top each cake with a cherry and serve immediately.
Download & Print our Cherry Coke Cupcakes Recipe (PDF)