Summer means getting outside to grill. And there’s nothing quicker and more satisfying than a grilled pizza. Thankfully, most grocery stores carry pizza dough (check the refrigerator near their prepared foods or cheese). So you can skip that tricky step of making the dough and go right to the fun part, personalizing each pizza to the eater. Veggies, meats, cheese varieties, even fruit! There’s no limits with pizza.
- Heat your grill to 550°F. Have all your cheese, toppings and sauce nearby; this goes quick!
- Stretch or roll your dough into a thin circle.
- Brush olive oil on your grill grate, so the dough doesn’t stick.
- Place the dough round on a floured pizza peel and slide the dough onto the grill.
- Cook with the lid closed for 2 minutes or until the crust has set and is lightly browned on the bottom.
- Using the pizza peel, remove the crust from the grill and flip it over.
- Brush the crust with olive oil and quickly spread a thin layer of sauce and add your cheese, toppings and seasonings.
- Slide the pizza back on the grill, close the lid and cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until the bottom begins to char and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from grill, let cool, slice and enjoy!