We love our Enamelware Collection for its durability and undeniable traditional style. But we love it even more when we can roast the most tummy-filling baked potato dish we’ve ever tasted. Red potatoes and onions get all cozy in our large Round Serving Bowl (90017) and cooks all together, then gets served in that dish.
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ stick butter (4 tbl)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6-8 slices bacon, sliced into small pieces and cooked
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Slice potatoes about 1/4 inch thick.
- Layer them in iron skillet, creating 2 circles and then fill in the middle section.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic and onion and cook on med-low for 7-8 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to 350F.
- Pour butter mixture over potatoes and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook over indirect medium heat for about 45 minutes, checking for doneness after 35 minutes.
- When potatoes are fork tender sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits.
- Recover and put back on heat 4-5 minutes or just until cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.