Ready to roll up your sleeves and try your hand at home bartending? We’ve got the recipes to three simple and delicious cocktails you can make in your own kitchen. With a few supplies, and a willing partner, shake or stir up some fresh, evening drinks.
Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 0.75 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 oz club soda
- 2 oz blanco tequila
- 1 tsp sugar
- grapefruit slice
- grapefruit sugar salt*
- Glass Juicer (H223)
- 11″ Bar Spoon (501K)
- Resealable Glass Carafe (RGC16)
- 2-Piece Glass Rimmer (H634)
- Juice grapefruit (saving two slices for garnish) and set aside. Juice limes and set aside.
- Pour sugar salt on a plate or in a rimmer. Rub rim of a highball glass with grapefruit slice; dip rim of glass in sugar salt.
- Combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, and sugar in glass; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in tequila, add ice, and top off with club soda.
- Garnish with grapefruit slice and rosemary.
* To make grapefruit sugar salt: combine ½ cup sugar, ½ cup salt, and ¼ cup zest = 2 grapefruits.
Bramble Smash Recipe
- 2 lemon wedges
- 2 lime wedges
- 0.50 oz simple syrup
- 0.50 oz blackberry syrup*
- 4 blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 4 blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 4 raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 oz vodka
- Bamboo Bar Board (HB885)
- FirmGrip Paring Knife (E5618)
- 3-Piece Plastic Bar Shaker (PS379)
- Stainless Steel Muddler (H4258)
- Japanese Style Jigger (JJ1202)
- Using a muddler, or the handle of a wooden spoon, mash lemon
wedges, lime wedges, simple syrup, 4 blackberries, 4 blueberries, and
4 raspberries in a 16-oz. cocktail shaker 4–5 times to release juices and
- Add vodka. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass.
- Fill halfway with crushed ice, stir. Pour blackberry syrup onto each glass. Garnish with berries.
- To make blackberry syrup: Combine 1 cup fresh blackberries, ½ cup water, ½ cup sugar and ½ tsp lemon juice in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Mash blackberries and turn off heat. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a very fine strainer into a glass jar.
- Store sealed in the refrigerator.
Herbal Gin & Tonic Recipe
- 0.25 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes lavender bitters
- 3 oz elderfower tonic water
- 2 oz gin
- lemon swath
- Citrus Squeezers (V119)
- 3-Piece Mini Bar Shaker (276)
- Japanese Style Jigger (JJ1205)
- FirmGrip Y Peeler (E5602)
- Slice one swath of lemon for each glass and set aside.
- Juice lemons. Add lemon juice, lavender bitters, and gin to cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake for 10- 15 seconds.
- Strain into glass and top with tonic water.
- Garnish with lemon swath and rosemary sprig.
What are you making at home? Is there a recipe you’d like to see us tackle? Write your comments in the box below. Cheers!