We love this bright, sweet green cocktail to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day … or any occasion where a very-green drink might come in handy. The secret is the lemon-lime drink mix for the vibrant color, and the carbonated soda for the fizz. Garnish with mint, lemons, limes or a leprechaun, if you can find one.
- 1 pkg lemon-lime flavor unsweetened drink mix
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple juice, chilled
- 3 1/2 cups carbonated lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 cup white rum, optional
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- Gold sugar
- Handful of fresh mint
- Moisten the rim of your glasses, then dip in gold sugar.
- Muddle mint with the drink mix in your pitcher.
- Stir in pineapple juice until drink mix is dissolved.
- Stir in soda, rum and fruit just before serving.
- Carefully pour punch into the rimmed glasses and garnish with a slice of citrus and a sprig of mint.